Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6th, in conversation with painting

I knew what I was thinking the entire time that I did this, you knew what I wanted you to become.
The story changed over and over but didn't I say that before - language is so malleable? - just as the colour-form (if any) are traces of the conversation.

You will never know what I wanted it to look like
It got so heavy, I just deemed it done - now you hang.
so heavy and low - stained and carrying it all, that's a lot of weight (get it?)
insert whatever you want there, again...

I knew what I meant to say and you will always hear and see something else.
of course I didn't know what you would look like
but I kept the vision of what I wanted in my head
though soft/ spongy malleable-shiftable
all it takes is "somebody"
and some silence.



No comments:

Post a Comment